We are strong believers that preventive care and education are the keys to optimal dental health. We believe that you should always be fully in charge of your dental health and we are here to help you, and to provide the information you need.
Your examination with us is not just a check-up, it is far more than that! At your initial assessment and all recalls thereafter, we always focus on thorough examinations,
- Assessing the overall health of your teeth and old dental restorations,
- Assessing the health of your gums for bleeding, inflammation and bone loss,
- Examining your tongue, lips, cheeks, glands and jaw,
- Performing oral cancer checks,
- Checking that your jaw joints are correctly aligned
- and taking low dose digital X-rays when necessary, to evaluate any hidden problems.
We focus not only on your dental health but are also concerned about your general health. A regular updating of an initial medical history will keep us informed of your overall health, and allow us to inform you of the effect that any new medication or changes in your wellbeing may have on your dental health, or any planned treatments.
Any concerns you may have about your smile can be discussed, in fact, we have a specific smile questionnaire to help us advise you about the best, and most conservative, methods available.
Generally speaking, patients who have had an initial course of treatment and are seen for regular reviews and maintenance need only relatively minor treatments to maintain the oral health. Sometimes however, things change, either in health or financially which can affect the treatment you’d otherwise put off receiving. We encourage you to speak to us about your feelings towards treatment at any particular time.
Many patients find schemes such as Denplan or DPAS beneficial for long term maintenance care.